[mythtv-users] Hard crashes of mythtv backends

Michael Rice mikerice1969 at gmail.com
Sun Dec 16 01:29:39 UTC 2007

On Nov 7, 2007 7:33 AM, Bill Omer <bill.omer at gmail.com> wrote:
> > Do others with multiple ivtv cards have backends crashing like this?
> > I wonder if this is common or something specific to my setup.
>
> I'm having the same issue.  My backend will randomly lock up,
> requiring a hard reset.  I'm using ext3, seems like everyone else
> chiming in here that's having this problem is using XFS.
>
> It seems with mine that it looks up at a similar time as yours does
> Michael.  It appears (but not confirmed) that the majority of the time
> the system will lock up when it's recording two shows on my
> pvr150/250, a show on my hd3000, slaves are commflagging, and a show
> is being watched.  This sometimes happens daily, sometimes it will go
> a week or more.  It's very odd.

I noticed that right at the time of the last two hard crashes my
PVR-350 had just started to record.  So I pulled it out and I haven't
had a hard crash for a month now.   So at this point it seems like a
bad pvr-350 and it won't go back in unless I start having crashes
again.  I'll toss it in my Windows box that I dual boot Linux and see
if that box starts crashing.  If it does that'll pretty much confirm
that the pvr-350 is the problem (could still be the driver I suppose).