[mythtv-users] OT: Can't forward server logs from my backend to Gmail

kanetse@gmail.com kane.tse at gmail.com
Sat Dec 15 21:13:38 UTC 2007

Found the problem.  I had to tell my server to relay its mail through
my ISP's mail server.

Specifically, I altered my /etc/mail/sendmail.cf file to add the following line:

define(`SMART_HOST', `mail.your-isp.com')dnl

... where I substituted 'mail.your-isp.com' with my ISP's SMTP server
(that one they my ISP tells me to put into Outlook as the outgoing
mail server.

Then, with the sendmail-cf package installed, I recreated the mail
configuration with:

make -C /etc/mail

... and then restarted sendmail.

service sendmail restart

Everything seems to work now.  Hope this information is useful to someone.