[mythtv-users] MythWeb lost all of my preview icons for old recorded programs

Joe Ripley vitaminjoe at gmail.com
Sat Dec 15 00:33:39 UTC 2007

On Dec 14, 2007 5:05 PM, Nathan A. Smith <nasa01 at comcast.net> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I was having the exact same problem....  It appeared after updating my
> svn install.  I followed your suggestions above with no avail.  New png
> files are created in the cache folder -- but all have size of 0.  PNG
> files in the recording directory are not all recreated.  Any ideas why?

This likely due to a UPnP problem. I had a similar problem, and
managed to fix it by patching my Myth sources.  More info on trac:
http://svn.mythtv.org/trac/ticket/3217

In my situation, I have a single combined frontend/backend.  As such,
the IP address for my mythbackend server is set at 127.0.0.1.  The
current SVN release of Myth disables UPnP when your backend IP is set
to 127.0.0.1.  To fix it, I had to comment out the relevant lines of
code in mediaserver.cpp.

MythWeb uses UPnP to generate its preview pixmaps... so you need to
make sure that mythbackend has UPnP enabled.

--
Joe Ripley
vitaminjoe at gmail.com