[mythtv-users] Converting secondary Backend to Master?

jack snodgrass mrlinuxgroups at gmail.com
Fri Dec 14 11:37:55 UTC 2007

On Dec 14, 2007 1:51 AM, <j2 at mupp.net> wrote:

> Can it be done?
>
> Basically, my current master backend no longer has any tuners, is
> under powered, and i have a memory problem.
>
> Is it possible to convert my current secondary backend (Which is also
> my front end) into the new master backend?
>
> I think i have been over the "usual sites" but have found nothing useful?
>
> Thanks!

I 'promoted' my slave BE to master BE by just running mythtv-setup on the
slave BE and telling it that it was the 'master'. I shutdown the original
'master' BE
first and I shutdown te FE. When I restarted the new 'master' BE it came up
just fine.

I used the same PATH for my recordings. My recordings are NFS mounted
on all of my boxes and I use the same NFS path for everything.

jack