[mythtv-users] Danish channels in nearby Sweden

daniel åkerud daniel.akerud at gmail.com
Thu Dec 13 17:47:47 UTC 2007

On Dec 13, 2007 8:57 AM, Matzi Kratzi <matzikratzi at gmail.com> wrote:

> I use ubuntu 7.10 and a WinTV-NOVA-T-500 from Hauppauge. I (think I)
> figured out that I just needed a firmware to be able to use the tuners
> above so I downloaded
>
> http://www.wi-bw.tfh-wildau.de/~pboettch/home/linux-dvb-firmware/dvb-usb-dib0700-1.10.fw<http://www.wi-bw.tfh-wildau.de/%7Epboettch/home/linux-dvb-firmware/dvb-usb-dib0700-1.10.fw>
> ,
> copied it into /lib/firmware and "ln -s dvb-usb-dib0700-1.10.fw
> dvb-usb-dib0700-01.fw".
>
> Now I can configure mythtv to receive swedish channels, but I miss the
> danish ones. If I install Hauppauge's own application using windows, I
> can receive them just fine, but using mythtv or scan, I cannot find
> them at all. I live in Lund which is rather close to Copenhagen.
>
> How do I solve this problem?
>
> $ scan -a 0 ~/dk-Copenhagen
> scanning /home/matsj/dk-Copenhagen
> using '/dev/dvb/adapter0/frontend0' and '/dev/dvb/adapter0/demux0'
> initial transponder 714000000 0 2 9 3 1 3 0
> 714000000:INVERSION_AUTO:BANDWIDTH_8_MHZ:FEC_2_3:FEC_AUTO:QAM_64:TRANSMISSION_MODE_8K:GUARD_INTERVAL_1_4:HIERARCHY_NONE
> WARNING: filter timeout pid 0x0011
> WARNING: filter timeout pid 0x0000
> WARNING: filter timeout pid 0x0010
> dumping lists (0 services)
> Done.

I also live in Lund (and have the same card) and directly got interested in
this. I'm pointing my antenna towards Malmö/Jägersro and havn't gotten
danish channels neither in Windows nor scan/mythtv. Found this while
googling:

http://www.digi-tv.dk/Daekningskort/udend%F8rs.png

Indicating that Lund could have trouble getting Danish channels.

Have you enabled the onboard amplifier?

sudo gedit /etc/modprobe.d/options
*Add:* options dvb-usb-dib0700 force_lna_activation=1

From:
http://www.mythtv.org/wiki/index.php/Hauppauge_WinTV_Nova-T_500_PCI

Perhaps it's the wrong scan-file.

/D