[mythtv-users] PVR 350 TV Out broken after upgrade to kernel 2.6.22.9 on FC6

David Schmidt david.schmidt.in.dallas at gmail.com
Thu Dec 13 14:09:45 UTC 2007

On Dec 12, 2007 10:10 PM, Brian Wood <beww at beww.org> wrote:
> Beny Spensieri Jr wrote:
> > I'm looking for some help on getting my TV out working after upgrading to kernel 2.6.22.9.
> >
> > I can't roll it back as older kernels are not available, nor are the kmdl's that were upgraded.
> >
> > With some help from Axel Thimm, I got the box recording again, and playback to a monitor, but I really want to watch the playback on screen (with X, of course).
> >
> > Has anyone recovered from this situation after upgrading FC6?
> >
> > This situation is compounded by the fact that FC6 went EOL recently.
> >
> > Your help is appreciated.
>
> First, what video hardware are you using? If you're using proprietary
> drivers did you re-compile for the new kernel?
>
> Are you saying you upgraded a kernel without keeping a copy of the old
> one? The lesson there is really obvious :-)
>
> beww

Well, he mentions the 350, so I presume he means the 350s hardware MPEG decoder.

2.6.22.x (at least newer ones) include a version of IVTV with a
changed API incompatible with all current "point" releases of Myth.
SVN compiled from source or the "bleeding" trunk version in Axel's
RPMs allegedly support it, but I've yet to get those to work either
(still working on it).

It will definitely never work with Axel's "stable" version....