[mythtv-users] Can not add Firewire capture in .21-172-trunk

Gregg 3gemail at gmail.com
Wed Dec 12 18:41:02 UTC 2007

I recently upgraded to fc8 after a system crash, most things work with
some minor tweaking, which I expected. I can now capture manually from
firewire, but Mythtv does not report the firewire port as an encoder.
I am using trunk .21-172 from atrpms.  When I create the firewire
capture card in mythtvsetup there is an option for GUID, but the
dropdown menu does not work.  I think this is why it does not report
itself as a capture card in mythtv.  Is there a way to manually update
the database with the GUID I get from plugreport?

Thanks.