[mythtv-users] Disk space recovers slowly after deleting recordings

Chris Pinkham cpinkham at bc2va.org
Wed Dec 12 01:53:04 UTC 2007

* On Tue Dec 11, 2007 at 09:52:51AM -0500, Rod Smith wrote:
> > Turn off the slow deletes setting you turned on...
>
> The drawback to doing this, as I understand it, is that the UI will freeze
> while the delete is occurring, which can take a while. If this is a problem,

The file deletion occurs in the background on the backend, so it is not what
causes the delay on the frontend.  This delay was discussed quite indepth in
another thread and I committed a fix for one issue in changeset 15059.

    http://www.gossamer-threads.com/lists/mythtv/commits/303844#303844

The thread discussing the frontend sluggishness is here:

    http://www.gossamer-threads.com/lists/mythtv/users/302810#302810

--
Chris