[mythtv-users] PVR-150: Can't change input from the tuner to another source.

Sam Logen starz909 at yahoo.com
Tue Dec 11 19:54:08 UTC 2007

http://www.gossamer-threads.com/lists/ivtv/devel/37242

> According to this:
> > With ivtv 0.10.6, I get the error "IOError: [Errno
> 16] Device or
> > resource busy" when setting the input (v4l2-ctl
> -i, ioctl). With ivtv
> > 0.10.5 it did work.
>
> That was changed between ivtv 0.10.6 and 0.10.5. You
> can downgrade you
> ivtv modules, as I do not remember that something
> special changed for
> PVR150 in the last few versions.
>
> M.

Thanks for looking at this guys.  I'm sure that
there's a reason why changing the inputs was disabled
while the tuner is on.  I think it was the link
provided that said that it would corrupt the mpeg
stream.

  What I'd like to know is why doesn't the command to
switch inputs turn off the tuner and make the switch
safely?  I'm thinking that this could be implemented
either in Mythtv or in the driver.  I think it would
make better sense if Mythtv itself turned off the
tuner before making the switch to a different input.

Sam