[mythtv-users] Harddrive downgrade...

Andrew Close aclose at gmail.com
Tue Dec 11 17:43:03 UTC 2007

On Dec 11, 2007 11:21 AM, Bill Omer <bill.omer at gmail.com> wrote:

> If it were me though, I would install the 200g drive as the primary
> master and reinstall everything.  Then mount the 300g as /myth/tv and
> delete everything.  If the recorded programs storage is low enough,
> copy all shows to the 200g temporarily, format the 300g with xfs or
> jfs, then copy the shows back.

Bill, i was hoping to make this as simple and quick as possible.  i
didn't want to do a full reinstall because i have several recordings i
wanted to keep, as well as my DB.  i originally tried copying the
/myth/tv directory off to the new partition on the 300GB drive, but i
must have missed a step in there somewhere.

if i was just a little bit more Linux savvy, and had a little bit more
free time, i'm sure most of the methods mentioned would work.
ideally, i want to split up my combo FE/BE into two machines running
as dedicated FE and dedicated BE...
i'll try to keep notes of how i accomplish my file transfer and what
success i have so i can update/add to the wiki in case another junior
Myth'r out there wants to do something similar. :)