[mythtv-users] How to let other application still can run when live TV program is in the frontend?

Charles philip Chan cpchan at sympatico.ca
Tue Dec 11 07:25:40 UTC 2007

Xi Jiarong <XiJiarong at sp.edu.sg> writes:

> I am using KDE now, and I have tried to use kstart as follows:
> [root at localhost -]kstart -desk 3 mplayer
> http://192.168.0.2/img/video.asf -fs
>
> but I still got nothing with this above command runing when watching
> TV simultaneously.

I have no problems doing that- it might be window manager dependant (I
am using Window Maker). However, if you are trying to start another video
like your example above and if you are using xv, you will need to use
another subsystem such as x11, gl, etc. Try this command:

kstart -desk 3 mplayer -vo x11 http://192.168.0.2/img/video.asf -fs

Charles