[mythtv-users] Pinnacle PCTV HD Pro Stick

raphy rpooser at gmail.com
Tue Dec 11 03:33:14 UTC 2007

On Dec 5, 2007 3:40 PM, Patrick Doyle <wpdster at gmail.com> wrote:
> Did anybody (else) notice the Woot branded version of this device on
> Woot a few days ago?  I pulled the trigger and it arrived yesterday.
> I got as far as plugging it into my Mythbuntu box and not seeing
> anything terribly interesting show up in /var/log/messages.  (In other
> words, I didn't get very far at all).  While I'm sitting here waiting
> to go home and play with it some more, I thought I would ask what
> experience others on this list have had with it.  It is listed in the
> "Experimental Support" category on the LinuxTV Wiki.  Do I need
> firmware for the the device from someplace?  Would you expect it to be
> easier to bring up under MythDora or Mythbuntu?  Basically, I'm
> looking for a kind soul who has already gone down this route and,
> failing to find such person, announcing my intent do go down this
> route.
>
> --wpd

I'm trying to go down this route right now. If you look around on the
net you'll find a few people here and there who have it working. A few
have it working with mythtv. I have ATSC TV working and can view dvb
with sound in mplayer using "mplayer dvb://"
I can tune channels using azap and scanned using scan from dvb-utils.
DVB in kaffiene doesn't work. In mythtv I can't add any channels. It
refuses to parse my channels.conf file. Basically that's where I'm
stuck.
It completely doesn't work at all on my main desktop. Won't display
video under any circumstances even though drivers load fine and no
errors given anywhere. Working on the laptop so far, but again not in
mythtv.