[mythtv-users] PVR-250 - first 30 channels went kablooie

Brian Wood beww at beww.org
Sun Dec 9 21:18:09 UTC 2007

Justin Kim wrote:
> 	After replacing the mobo in my BE, the video quality of the
> first 30 channels on my PVR-250 has gone to pot.  All the rest of the
> channels look fine.  The channels do come in, but are very noisy.
>
> 	I'm inclined to think that the card was damaged during the
> move, but it seems strange that only the first 30 channels were
> affected.  Removing the splitter from my line doesn't seem to have
> helped.  Reception on the cable box is fine.
>
> 	Can anyone save me from having to shell out for a new card?

Check all of your cables and connectors, splitters etc. In your mobo
move you almost certainly moved some of these, and any time you do so it
can lead to problems, especially if the connectors are not properly
crimped etc. Make sure all connectors are tight.

Take the very same cable that is feeding your 250 and connect it to the
RF input of a TV set directly, you may not be the only one who was
working on something over the mobo changeout period - Your cable company
might have been busy as well.

Make sure you are using the correct frequency table.

beww