[mythtv-users] Getting MythTV to work with Hauppauge WinTV-HVR 950

Meryl Silverburgh silverburgh.meryl at gmail.com
Sun Dec 9 20:50:35 UTC 2007

On Dec 6, 2007 12:33 PM, Brian Steele <steele.brian at gmail.com> wrote:
> On Dec 6, 2007 9:25 AM, George Galt <george.galt at gmail.com> wrote:
> > I'm probably going to give it a shot since I've only got PCI-e slots
> > and there aren't currently any tuners available for them (though I
> > understand support for the HVR-1800 is close -- and if anyone knows
> > more about this, I'd like to hear it).
>
> Check out this page on the LinuxTV wiki:
> http://www.linuxtv.org/wiki/index.php/Hauppauge_WinTV-HVR-1800
>
> Support for the digital tuner on the HVR-1800 is already available if
> you are willing to download and compile the drivers.

Hi,

I am trying to setup MythTV with  HauppaugeWinTV- HVR 950 on ubuntu
7.10 by following this article:

http://parker1.co.uk/mythtv_ubuntu.php

During the "Input Connection" configuration, it looks like it can find
a number of channels.

However, when i go to start 'mythtv-frontend', and then go to watch
live tv (I don't have recording yet), I was forced to log out of
ubuntu.

Can someone please tell me how to fix my problem?

Thank you