[mythtv-users] PVR-150: Can't change input from the tuner to another source.

Sam Logen starz909 at yahoo.com
Sun Dec 9 04:06:30 UTC 2007

Hi all.  I just installed an Hauppauge PVR-150 MCE
into my FE/BE Mythtv machine.  I connected analog
comcast cable to the coaxial tuner, and the outputs
from comcast's digital cablebox to the composite
inputs on the card.  By the way, I'm using Mythtv 21
SVN ver. 15001.

I created a single channel in a new video source, and
attributed it to the component input on the card.  I
ran mythfilldatabase, then switched over to live tv.

First, I got the signal and channels from the pvr
tuner.  They came in nice and clear.  Then I pressed
'c' to switch inputs to composite.  The screen
flickered briefly, then returned to my tuner
broadcast.

I think that the ivtv module isn't allowing the input
to change while the tuner is on.  I don't know.  This
card seems to be popular, so I guess what's happening
should be familiar to someone.  If anyone knows a fix
or workaround for this, please let me know.

  Now, I can tell that my component input is working
because if I disable mythtv, and use 'v4l2-ctl' to
change the input to composite, and then start mplayer
/dev/video-mpeg (my udev link to the mpeg device
node), I can get the picture from the comcast
cablebox.

Thanks everyone, and keep up the good work!
Sam