[mythtv-users] Fedora 8 bug looking for help

Christopher X. Candreva chris at westnet.com
Sat Dec 8 12:41:33 UTC 2007

On Fri, 7 Dec 2007, R. G. Newbury wrote:

> I would strongly suggest that you use the 'nuke it and start fresh'

At the risk of repeating myself -- I have never had a problem witha
Redhat/Fedora upgrade.  In fact I have one machine that has been upgraded
all the way from RedHat 6 to Fedora 7, and the only reason I'm not going to
upgrade it to 8 is that it's a PII-400 ready to be retired.

If it doesn't work the worst that happens is you do the clean install you
would have anyway, but you have a %99.99 change of just doing an upgrade and
not worrying about reconfiguring the machine.