[mythtv-users] Expanded options for commercial flagging

jedi jedi at mishnet.org
Sat Dec 8 03:31:40 UTC 2007

    Has anyone thought to make the commercial
autoskip features more sophisticated than
a single global flag? In my own experience I've
seen quality of commflagging vary greatly by
channel. Now I would love to have skipping set
automatically for those programs/recordings/
channels that work well.

    Is this something that's been considered
for development? I was thinking of perhaps
another column in the recorded table (like
AutoCommercialSkip) that would be populated
based on the same flags in Channel & Program.
This flag could be used instead of the global
flag.

    Can anyone give me any hints on where to
look so I can enable this sort of feature myself?