[mythtv-users] Fedora 8 bug looking for help

Mitch Gore mitchell.gore at gmail.com
Fri Dec 7 14:42:22 UTC 2007

On Dec 7, 2007 2:33 AM, Ralf Kleineisel <ralf at kleineisel.de> wrote:

> Mitch Gore wrote:
>
> > It has since been resolved but with the resolution I don't see how i can
> > install F8 on my machine that only has sata drives.  I currently have
> FC6
> > installed on my backend and wanted to upgrade to F8 as FC6 is EOL.
>
> If you upgrade via yum (from FTP, HTTP or some other source) instead of
> booting from an install DVD you can install the latest kernel
> (2.6.23.8-68) directly without ever installing the buggy 2.6.23.1-42.

It appears Fedora Unity hasn't done any re-spins yet.  I probably wait until
they do and see if i can install then.  I hate doing upgrades.  It seems
things always go wrong.  Clean installs may take longer in the beginning but
overall it seems to always work out the best.

Thats for the page!

Mitchell