[mythtv-users] 4:3cco MPEG2->MPEG2 transcoding

Darren Hart darren at dvhart.com
Fri Dec 7 08:36:48 UTC 2007

Is it possible to have mythtv automatically crop all my 4:3 content as it is
being recorded and transcode it into a 16:9 stream?  I use PVRx50 cards and
my frontend is a media mvp, so the resulting stream must still be mpeg2.

I can zoom in on the video with the TV, but that forces the media mvp osd off
screen, and switching back and forth is just annoying.  If I could transcode
all my content to 16:9 (cropped 4:3) I can just leave the TV in 16:9 mode and
get on with it.

Thanks,

--
Darren Hart