[mythtv-users] How can i add firewire to my computer?

Steve Peters - Priority Electronics steve at priorityelectronics.com
Fri Dec 7 07:38:43 UTC 2007

Hello, I have a cable box, and i'd love to get my hd channels from it
instead of plunking down $175 or so for a hd homerun. My problem is that I
don't have any firewire ports on my motherboard, and all the pci slots are
used by my pvr-500 tuner cards (one is actually free, but the heatsink from
my video card completely covers up that free slot). So how can I add
firewire to my computer? I've seen pci add-in cards that give you firewire,
but are there any other options? I don't have any pci or pci-x slots to use,
unless i want to lose one of my two pvr-500 tuners.

I'm running a core 2 duo processor on a gigabyte GA-945GZM-S2 motherboard.

Thanks for the help.
-Steve