[mythtv-users] Mythbuntu vs Mythdora for Hauppauge PVR350+150 system

Fred Firestine ffluvssg1 at gmail.com
Fri Dec 7 03:05:03 UTC 2007

On Dec 6, 2007 9:43 PM,  <cwatson at linkline.com> wrote:
> Fred Firestine writes:
>

> > KnoppMyth! My apologies, I didn't mean to slight that project.  ;-)  I
> > have installed it before on another system. I was merely thinking
> > about the Linux distros I have been using on the desktop. I will look
> > into that as well.
>
> No slight taken, I just wanted you to know that they is a distro out there
> with exactly what you are looking for...
>

> Regards,
>
> Cecil

Cecil,

I am downloading right now from the torrent. Thanks for the reminder!

Sean,

You're right, I am going to follow the recommendation on Jarod's HowTo
page to try Mythdora (or the others). My concern is that if I happen
to have a problem with Mythdora (as I did with my own FC6 install),
then I am back to debugging mode. I wouldn't have installed Myth
several times over if I wasn't up for the challenge, but maybe I am
looking for a little less of a challenge this time.  :-)

Thanks,

Fred