[mythtv-users] Fwd: Starting Mythfrontend with SVN install

John Drescher drescherjm at gmail.com
Fri Dec 7 02:37:06 UTC 2007

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: John Drescher <drescherjm at gmail.com>
Date: Dec 6, 2007 9:36 PM
Subject: Re: [mythtv-users] Starting Mythfrontend with SVN install
To: lifter89 at comcast.net

> Yes it is.  I just re-verified it by exiting the frontend, did 'service
> mythbackend status', then restarted the frontend.  I got that window at
> that time.  Everything seems to work (Mythweb, playing music, etc.), but
> that window gives the impression that the backend is not accessible
> and/or available.

I saw that once with an svn version but I think it was because of
mythbackend not being started. Have you looked at the log for
mythbackend?  Also you might want to stop the service and run
mythbackend and mythfrontend from the shell and see if there are any
errors when running both that way.

John

--
John M. Drescher