[mythtv-users] Starting Mythfrontend with SVN install

Harry Devine lifter89 at comcast.net
Fri Dec 7 02:26:34 UTC 2007

John Drescher wrote:
>> Well, I did go check out the -dev list and couldn't really find any
>> information on it.  It's not that big of a deal.  I had an original
>> Mythdora 4.0 install that I upgraded via atrpms-bleeding.  My frontend
>> doesn't start automatically since I did that, and I figured I could
>> write a startup script to start it (if my PC reboots for whatever
>> reason).  Not having to click OK on that window would be a big help in that.
>>
>> Now can't we all go back to getting along?  ;-)
>>

> Have you checked to see if mythbackend is actually running when you
> tried to start the frontend?
>
> John

Yes it is.  I just re-verified it by exiting the frontend, did 'service
mythbackend status', then restarted the frontend.  I got that window at
that time.  Everything seems to work (Mythweb, playing music, etc.), but
that window gives the impression that the backend is not accessible
and/or available.

Thanks,
Harry