[mythtv-users] Starting Mythfrontend with SVN install

Harry Devine lifter89 at comcast.net
Thu Dec 6 23:43:12 UTC 2007

Hello everyone,

I have version 0.21.20071119-1 installed via SVN (from ATRpms.net) and I
have noticed that whenever I restart my Mythfrontend for various
reasons, I get a a window that says "Select Default Mythbackend Server:"
then "Do Not Connect To Mythbackend".  There are 3 buttons along the
bottom that says Search, Cancel, and OK.  I have to click OK to then
start the frontend.  What does this dialog/window mean?  My box is a
combined FE/BE.

Thanks,
Harry