[mythtv-users] firewire troubleshoot

Khanh Tran khanh at khanh.net
Thu Dec 6 23:06:26 UTC 2007

On Dec 4, 2007 3:04 AM, Sean Goodpasture <goofygrin at gmail.com> wrote:
> Try brodcast mode... I can't get anything in p2p mode...
>

> On Nov 26, 2007 7:03 PM, fuzzie1300 <fuzzie1300 at optonline.net> wrote:
>
> > I am having some problems getting firewire going.  I have a Scientific
> > Atlanta SA4250.  I've been following the wiki,

I have the SA4200HD.  Strangely enough, working in P2P mode, it fails
until I reset the firewire bus then fix in BROADCAST mode, which
actually wakes up the P2P mode:

tv:/home/mythtv # firewire_tester -p -n 0
Action: Test P2P connection 1 times, node 0, channel 0
P2P: Testing...Failed
tv:/home/mythtv # firewire_tester -b -n 0
Action: Test broadcast 1 times, node 0, channel 63
Broadcast: Testing...Failed
tv:/home/mythtv # firewire_tester -R -n 0
Action: Resetting the firewire bus
Bus reset succeeded
tv:/home/mythtv # firewire_tester -B -n 0
Action: Attempt to fix broadcast connection 1 times, node 0
Broadcast: Testing...Failed
P2P: Testing...Success, 172 packets received
Broadcast: Testing...Failed
P2P: Testing...Success, 47 packets received
Broadcast: Testing...Failed
P2P: Testing...Success, 102 packets received
Broadcast: Testing...Failed
P2P: Testing...Success, 85 packets received
Broadcast: Testing...Failed
P2P: Testing...Success, 89 packets received
Broadcast: Testing...Failed
P2P: Testing...Success, 133 packets received
Broadcast: Testing...Failed
P2P: Testing...Success, 168 packets received
Broadcast: Testing...Failed
P2P: Testing...Success, 141 packets received
Broadcast: Testing...Failed
P2P: Testing...Success, 103 packets received
Broadcast: Testing...Failed
P2P: Testing...Success, 110 packets received
Broadcast: Testing...Failed
Broadcast Fix: Failed

Unfortunately, that makes fixes take a long time since broadcast
failes, but p2p works.  I don't know why it's happening this way, but
it is.