[mythtv-users] Multi-Standard support

Aidan Thornton makosoft at googlemail.com
Thu Dec 6 19:23:11 UTC 2007

On 12/6/07, Keith Akins <kwakins at gmail.com> wrote:
> Thanks for the input.  I was afraid of that.  I have zero experience with
> Linux.  Without knowing the MythTV program at all (a friend just directed me
> here last night) it seems like once you set the backend for NTSC, that's
> what you get.  I'm wondering if you can have two back ends, with seperate
> cards on them, or even looking at the same tuner card, accessed by one front
> end...  Guess I should download the program and fiddle around with it a bit.
>
> Thanks again,
> Keith

Hi,

There appears to be a per-channel way to override the video standard - in the channel editor, select the channel you want to edit and set the "TV Format" option to the appropriate setting. I'm using the development version of MythTV, but I'm pretty sure the normal released version is the same. The choice of options is a little odd, though - it has ATSC as one, and there's no way to specifically select PAL-I, PAL-BG, or PAL-DK for people who receive channels in multiple audio formats and have TV cards that don't auto-detect - but it should do what you want.

Aidan