[mythtv-users] PCI WiFi Adapter recommendations needed

David Segall david at segall.net
Thu Dec 6 06:15:23 UTC 2007

Craig Huff wrote:
> I plan to build a second FE system based on MythDora 4 that I want
> to put in a bedroom.  However, it is not practical to run 10Base-T
> cable there, so I'm looking at putting a PCI WiFi adapter in the
> system.
>
> I have a D-Link 802.11g access point that has been working well
> for accessing the network with my laptop (mostly for working from
> the kitchen downstairs).
Can you watch recorded TV in the bedroom on your laptop? If it is
windows only try it with MythTV player <http://sudu.dk/mythtvplayer/>.
My 802.11g network is satisfactory for remote web access but not for
watching TV.

On the bright side, my D-Link DWL-G520 PCI adapter worked "out of the
box" with MythDora.
--
David