[mythtv-users] OT: Increasing Console Buffer Size in Fedora

Jay R. Ashworth jra at baylink.com
Wed Dec 5 16:09:59 UTC 2007

On Wed, Dec 05, 2007 at 10:59:15AM -0500, R. G. Newbury wrote:
> Does anyone know how to increase the size of the console display buffer?

Yes.

> Is this an env variable?

Not quite.

> I want to increase the size of whatever it is that keeps console screen
> output so I can scroll back "further in time" in the output.
>
> I have just been fighting with mythfilldatabase not creating temporary
> tables. Turned out to be a permissions problem, which I very luckily
> only got to see by *anticipating* when to hit Control-C, to stop output
> to the console before what I needed to see had scrolled off. I never did
> get it at the correct time in order to see output from the first line...

I tend to shove backend and other things whose logging I want to catch
inside shellscripts that redirect it to logfiles, myself.

But see: http://linuxgazette.net/143/anonymous.html

And see also: http://tldp.org/HOWTO/BootPrompt-HOWTO-5.html

If you meant "a scrollback buffer inside a terminal emulator like
konsole", then it's usually in the menus.

Cheers
-- jra

	     Witty slogan redacted until AMPTP stop screwing WGA