[mythtv-users] Strange color issue with nVidia MX440

Jay R. Ashworth jra at baylink.com
Wed Dec 5 13:47:08 UTC 2007

On Wed, Dec 05, 2007 at 12:37:48AM +0100, Decker wrote:
> I had a stable mythtv system, running on a syntax motherboard, with a
> nvidia mx440, conected trougth a cable adapter from tvout+audioOut to
> SCART to a television. All was going well, but I decided to reinstall,
> to make some HD changes.
>
> I install Ubuntu, just like the other time (change fron 6.06 to 7.10)
> and install the nvidia driver. I use the same options on my xorg.conf.
> But the the strange thing started...After a reboot, mostly of the times
> (about 80%) the nvidia logo that shows at X startup is in black&white,
> and the image in the television is in a very pale and bad quality color
> (not B&W). After a ramdom time (from 5 mins to several hours) the color
> gets normal, and the image is ok...If the nvidia log is in color, then
> the image is perfect from the beginning...I havent been able to find a
> schema on this...I cant see any relations...

If I had to guess, I'd say "coincidence".  Perhaps a component
is beginning to go on your video card -- or was already borderline, and
is being driven slightly differently by your new Xorg install.

I don't suppose you still have the old install around to boot?

Hard drives are cheap... :-)

Cheers,
-- jra

	     Witty slogan redacted until AMPTP stop screwing WGA