[mythtv-users] Strange color issue with nVidia MX440

Decker dario.diaz.anzalone at gmail.com
Tue Dec 4 23:37:48 UTC 2007

Hi all,

thanks for all the help I have had reading this list. Maybe I can get a
little more of it with this issue I´m having now.

I had a stable mythtv system, running on a syntax motherboard, with a
nvidia mx440, conected trougth a cable adapter from tvout+audioOut to
SCART to a television. All was going well, but I decided to reinstall,
to make some HD changes.

I install Ubuntu, just like the other time (change fron 6.06 to 7.10)
and install the nvidia driver. I use the same options on my xorg.conf.
But the the strange thing started...After a reboot, mostly of the times
(about 80%) the nvidia logo that shows at X startup is in black&white,
and the image in the television is in a very pale and bad quality color
(not B&W). After a ramdom time (from 5 mins to several hours) the color
gets normal, and the image is ok...If the nvidia log is in color, then
the image is perfect from the beginning...I havent been able to find a
schema on this...I cant see any relations...

Anybody with the same issue? any ideas or clues?

Thanks for your time...

Darío