[mythtv-users] Slow menus...

Michael T. Dean mtdean at thirdcontact.com
Tue Dec 4 22:10:35 UTC 2007

On 12/04/2007 04:52 PM, A JM wrote:
> So has no one else seen this type of issue with their system? Just
> wanted to check back with the list before heading over to Ubuntu forums...
>
> Should I assume it's video card and driver related then...

If painfully slow (up to 30 seconds per change and the "fade" is a very
slow slideshow), it means you've enabled OpenGL painter, but your
drivers don't support OpenGL (usually a driver installation issue if you
have a card whose drivers should work--i.e. like an NVIDIA with
proprietary drivers).

Mike