[mythtv-users] Scheduler didn't auto-move show so another could get better tuner

Brian Harnish bharnish1004 at gmail.com
Tue Dec 4 22:05:52 UTC 2007

I do have the reschedule higher priority shows option enabled, but I
don't think that is relevant since these shows have the same priority.

Show1 (+0 priority) 1 episode, multiple showings (Sun-9pm,11pm, Mon-1am,etc).
Show2 (+0 priority) 1 episode, single showing (Sun-9pm).

Tuner1 (+0 priority)
Tuner2 (-1 priority)

I ended up getting Show1 on Tuner1, and Show2 on Tuner2. I would have
thought that because the shows have the same priorities, it would try
to move Show1 to a later showing (which where available) so that it
could record Show2 on a higher priority tuner.

I resolved this by making an override for Show2 and increasing the
priority by one. This put Show2 on Tuner1 and pushed Show1 back to a
later episode on Tuner1.

I suppose this situation is due to the complexity of scheduling.  Is
the scheduler not designed to attempt to move shows with the same
priorities so that they can record on higher priority tuners?

 - Brian