[mythtv-users] Need help reconfiguring storage

Craig Huff huffcslists at gmail.com
Mon Dec 3 04:57:35 UTC 2007

I built my BE based on Jarrod's HOWTO for Fedora Core 6 and MythTV and set up
everything on a single PATA 250GB harddrive with /video configured as an LVM.
Now I want to add a SATA 500GB harddrive to host /video on and replace the 250GB
drive with a smaller one to host everything else (/, /boot, and /var,
to be specific).

I can move partitions while booted from a knoppix cd using the usual
dump | restore
mantra, but I'm unclear whether that will work for the /video
partition running under LVM.
Is there any gotcha lurking in wait for me?  Is there a way to deal
with just the /video
migration and leave the rest for a later date?  After I transfer the
contents of the /video
partition, how do I dismantle the LVM and make it a plain old unused
partition so I can
mount the new drive as /video?

Any advice welcomed.

Craig.