[mythtv-users] autoexpire deleting recording(s) directly after its creation

Seth Daniel mythtv.org at sethdaniel.org
Sun Dec 2 23:26:37 UTC 2007

Hello,

I'm running mythtv svn #15013.

Anyway, my hard drive(s) are maxed out and tend to stay this way.  For
the most part autoexpire does a really good job of removing old
recordings to make room for new recordings.  The only exception is when
I record a sports event.  Now, in my configuration, sporting events have
the lowest priority (in this case a '0' priority).  So what often
happens is that the recording of the event will be made and then shortly
after it is finished it will then be deleted because something else is
being recorded.  Sometimes a sports event recording doesn't last longer
than 15-20 minutes before being autoexpired.  :-)   I'd like to stop
this from happening if possible.

My autoexpire settings are:
  Auto Expire Method: Weighted Time/Priorty Combo
  Auto Expire watched programs before unwatched is selected
  Auto Expire priority weight is 5
  Auto Expire instead of delete recording is selected

The priority I set for sports events is '0'.  Other recordings have
priorities of 5 or greater.

Is the behavior I have described simply what I should expect from my
setup and configuration?

--
seth / @sethdaniel.org
When I was little, I went into a pet shop and they asked how big I'd get.