[mythtv-users] More nvidia probs...

Trey Thompson treythompson at gmail.com
Sun Dec 2 05:45:56 UTC 2007

Creating a standalone front end.  This has been beating me down for
DAYS!  I've found a TON of posts about this, and similar things.
Tried installing different versions, making sure it was the right
version for my kernel, etc....

Anyone see anything that they can slap me in the face with?  :)

Installed FC7, have an nvidia 6200.

kernel 2.6.23.1-21.fc7

I do a "yum install nvidia-drivers", and get the current (I think),
appropriate drivers from atrpms.

(II) Setting vga for screen 0.
(II) Enabling PCI device
(**) NVIDIA(0): Depth 24, (--) framebuffer bpp 32
(==) NVIDIA(0): RGB weight 888
(==) NVIDIA(0): Default visual is TrueColor
(==) NVIDIA(0): Using gamma correction (1.0, 1.0, 1.0)
(**) NVIDIA(0): Enabling RENDER acceleration
(II) NVIDIA(0): Support for GLX with the Damage and Composite X extensions is
(II) NVIDIA(0):     enabled.
(EE) NVIDIA(0): Failed to load the NVIDIA kernel module!
(EE) NVIDIA(0):  *** Aborting ***
(II) UnloadModule: "nvidia"
(II) UnloadModule: "wfb"
(II) UnloadModule: "fb"
(EE) Screen(s) found, but none have a usable configuration.

xorg.conf:
[root at mythfe1 log]# more /etc/X11/xorg.conf

# Xorg configuration created by pyxf86config

Section "ServerLayout"
        Identifier     "Default Layout"
        Screen      0  "Screen0" 0 0
EndSection

Section "Files"
        ModulePath   "/usr/lib/xorg/modules/extensions/nvidia"
        ModulePath   "/usr/lib/xorg/modules/extensions"
        ModulePath   "/usr/lib/xorg/modules"
EndSection

Section "Module"
        Load  "glx"