[mythtv-users] Sirius on Mythtv Broken - Sipie

Harry Devine lifter89 at comcast.net
Sun Dec 2 01:56:58 UTC 2007

Josh wrote:

> On Nov 30, 2007 8:37 AM, David Stuller <dcstuller at hotmail.com
> <mailto:dcstuller at hotmail.com>> wrote:
>
>     I am using FC5.  I made the changes as a far commenting out the
>     two lines in the sipie file and removing the "playlist" option
>     in the sipie and config files, but now when I launch from Myth or
>     use the gui (/usr/bin/sipie).  It won't stop playing.  The
>     myth scripts are supposed to kill the pid file in the /tmp
>     directory which it does do, but mplayer continues to play the stream.
>       If I use the straight gui (/usr/bin/sipie), the "stop" and
>     "exit" buttons don't work.   So I thought I would start from scratch
>      and try and reinstall it,  when I run the svn and use the
>     easy_install,  it installs about 4 files, but no file just called
>     "sipie".
>      So I tried the /usr/bin/cliSipie file and it looks like it might
>     work but mplayer defuncts.  I also tried /usr/bin/sipie.py but it
>      does the same thing.  Any ideas??
>

>     ---------------------------------
>
>         I haven't tried Scott's fix yet, but previously I was able to
>     get sipie
>        to work fine, but whenever I started it up, I'd get that GUI
>     where I had
>        to pick the channel I wanted.  I could never get the scripts to
>     work as
>        described in the Wiki.  So, I never had the Sirius menu options
>     on the
>        frontend GUI.  I'm using FC6 via Mythdora 4.0.  What are you
>     using?  And
>        were the scripts on the Wiki OK or did they need some tweaking?
>
>        Thanks,
>        Harry
>

> OK guys, as of this moment in time, Eli hasn't pushed my code changes
> to the official source SVN, but I put up the code on my private SVN
> for the time being. Check out the completely updated Wiki article at
> http://www.mythtv.org/wiki/index.php/Integrate_Sirius and let me know
> if you find any issues or something that needs to be added.
>
> --
> Josh
> TwoOneSix at thatclothingco.com <mailto:TwoOneSix at thatclothingco.com>

I just downloaded your newest code and am following the Wiki.  I get to
this step under "Configuring Sipie": "You should now be prompted to
select a station, if you have a GUI, pick one from the drop-down and
chose "play"... you should hear the stream...".  I get the GUI (titled
wxSipie in the title bar), pick my station, and press Play.  I get the
popup telling me what song is playing, but I don't hear anything.  Is
there some log somewhere that I can check?  I know that this is the 3rd
version I've downloaded of sipie (one in September where I could hear
the stream; one 2 days ago which was supposed to fix the broken stream;
then yours tonight).

Should I scrap every sipie binary and config file and start over?  Maybe
nuke the config file /home/mythtv/.sipie and force it to be recreated?

Thanks for all of your time and effort!
Harry