[mythtv-users] MythTV and HD question

jack snodgrass mrlinuxgroups at gmail.com
Fri Aug 31 22:48:50 UTC 2007

On 8/31/07, John Nissley <jnissley at nissley.org> wrote:
> I have been very happy with mythtv so far but have only been using it
> for SD recordings.  From reading I feel I have enough horse power to
> have an HD system but here is my question.

I live in Dallas too... the ONLY thing I do with mythtv is record OTA
ATSC channels
using my $25 Air2PC HDTV tuner card.  Most of the prime time stuff is in HD
on FOX, ABC, NBC and CBS. Currently the ABC station does their news broadcast
in HD... but NBC and CBS should be doing their local news in HD by the end of
September.... there is enough stuff on to justify a $25 card. ;)

jack