[mythtv-users] MythTV and HD question

Brad Fuller bradallenfuller at gmail.com
Fri Aug 31 22:10:45 UTC 2007

On 8/31/07, John Nissley <jnissley at nissley.org> wrote:
> Is it really worth buying one of those cards capable of reading qam when
> most of the cable channels hare scrambled anyway?

Comcast where I am doesn't scramble their HD channels. At least, they
didn't when I was using it (no STB, just over coax)

> I know you can get a few over the air channels but is that really worth it?

I actually switched to OTA. It's worth it to me as I'm in an area with
a few ATSC channels: San Francisco.

> Does anyone know of any cards that will take a cable card or satellite
> card so I can get HD from the provider?
>
> Please someone explain to me how I can get out of the SD TV watching and
> into HD and still use my mythtv set up.  By the way I live in Dallas, TX
> and have Time Warner cable.

For me, I have a PVR250 for SD cable feeds and an pcHDTV HD3000 for
OTA.  The setup works great.

--
brad fuller
 www.bradfuller.com