[mythtv-users] FIOS Channels over Firewire

gfmeriaux at verizon.net gfmeriaux at verizon.net
Fri Aug 31 19:23:29 UTC 2007

Hi,

I live in the Boston area and I am thinking to get FIOS TV.
It is my understanding reading previous posts that all the local channels are available in both SD and HD digital unencrypted on the cable and can be received directly with for example an HDHomeRun device.

Verizon is offering a QIP-6200 STB which has Firewire support with Mythtv.
Has somebody experience using firewire with FIOS?
What channels others than locals can I received unencrypted  over firewire ?

Thanks,