[mythtv-users] beckend recorder is off-line?

Michael T. Dean mtdean at thirdcontact.com
Fri Aug 31 16:46:24 UTC 2007

On 08/31/2007 12:40 PM, peter abplanalp wrote:
> ----- "Michael T. Dean" <mtdean at thirdcontact.com> wrote:
>
>> On 08/31/2007 11:57 AM, peter abplanalp wrote:
>>
>>> i just rebuilt my myth box on centos5.  i was running an older
>>>
>> version of .20 from which i dumped mysql.  i installed clean on centos
>> 5 and then restored my mysql dump.  i set up new video sources for
>> schedules direct via setup and connected them to the cards already
>> found.  i see all my recording schedules and i see the recordings in
>> upcoming recordings but myth says they won't be recorded because the
>> backend recorder is offline.
>>
>>> i can watch tv so the card is working.
>>>
>>> anyone have any ideas on why this might be?
>>>
>> Delete both the capture cards and video sources and reconfigure as at
>> http://www.gossamer-threads.com/lists/mythtv/users/264034#264034 .
>>

> thanks, mike.  i read your other post.  will i need to re-enter the shows i want to record or will it all sync up again after the deletion of capture cards and video sources?

It should all link up.  The only rules that may not match are custom
rules where you specified stuff about your previous configuration
(unlikely) or "this channel" rules where the callsign of the channel is
different from its previous value (but you can always change the
callsign to the same value it had previously).  Chances are most of your
rules are "any channel" rules (or, they should be ;), so it should just
work.

Mike