[mythtv-users] Comcast Firewire in Montgomery County, MD

Mitch Gore mitchell.gore at gmail.com
Fri Aug 31 13:35:41 UTC 2007

On 8/31/07, David Kickham <dkickham at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hey, I was just about to ask the exact same thing, except for Comcast in
> the Kansas City area.  Anyone?
>
> On 8/31/07, Chris DiLorenzo < cdilorenzo at alum.rpi.edu> wrote:
> >
> > I'm interested in switching from Directv to Comcast Cable.  I want to
> > use firewire capture from the STB to record HD channels.
> >
> > I already have an HD HomeRun that I use to record unencrypted HD
> > channels, which is pretty much just the main broadcast networks.  It
> > works great, but I'd love to expand my HD channel options.
> >
> > So for those of you that live in Montgomery County, MD and use
> > firewire capture, what channels are you able to record?  I'm not as
> > interested in recording the premiums as I am the basic channels (like
> > ESPN-HD, TNT-HD, etc.).  Any particular model number I should try to
> > get?
> >
> > Thanks.

Dave,

 I am in Overland Park and I get all the locals plus TNT-HD, ESPN-HD, and
Discovery HD.  For some odd reason you cant get ESPN2, A&E, or Mojo but then
again how much great content is on ESPN2, A&E, and Mojo.  TWC gave me a
4250HDC.  Channel changing through the firewire port does not work but
recording does. I built an IR blaster for channel changing.

MItchell