[mythtv-users] Unwanted late recording starts...

Michael T. Dean mtdean at thirdcontact.com
Fri Aug 31 05:42:49 UTC 2007

On 08/31/2007 01:25 AM, Robert Current wrote:
> Is there an option somewhere to not allow it to start recording if the
> show has already began?  It's annoying to me when it does this....
>
> I have two tuners, and sometimes I "delete and allow to rerecord"
> something because I want to free up a tuner to watch something
> live....  But then it just grabs another show, even if it's 22 minutes
> into a 30 minute show!  I don't want the last 8 minutes of something!

In theory, whatever it's recording should be more important (higher
priority) than anything else that's currently showing...

However, if you really feel like wasting time on LiveTV, you can go to
the upcoming recordings and "override" all the "would be" recordings
that exist in the current timeslot with a "Do not record this episode"
and then delete the recording to free up a capture card for LiveTV.

> It does this sometime when I boot also.
>
> Is there a way to stop this?  Something like, if it's over X minutes
> into a show, don't bother, find it somewhere else in the schedule...

It /only/ does that (records a partial show) if it doesn't exist
elsewhere in the schedule.  (True, it may later be added to the schedule
outside of the 2 weeks of data you have, but Myth is making a best
effort to ensure you get as much of the show as possible if it doesn't
know of a time when it will repeat.)

Mike