[mythtv-users] 0.20.2 mythfrontend for xbox?

mythtv mythtv mythtv_user at sbcglobal.net
Thu Aug 30 23:43:16 UTC 2007

I am going to work on this over the weekend.  I remember being able to
upgrade the kernel to 2.6.18.xx manually once to test WiFi adapters
with the xbox.  I got it working to a degree then gave up because of
the instabilities of the WiFi adapter.

My end goal is just to be able to to run mythtv on 0.20.2 a kernel
upgrade will just be icing on the cake.

If anyone has hints on this, please post it here.

=== message truncated ===******************

I stand corrected on needing to get the kernel upgraded.  I was able to take xebian 1.1.4 basic and upgrade it to etch and install and run mythtv from the normal debian apt repo.  The file that was giving me trouble before was changing from XF86 to Xorg.  And the driver package I used was available here:  http://www.knizefamily.net/russ/software/xbox.html

I didn't pursue it anymore than starting mythtv and watching existing recordings, and watching some live tv.  I am going to try to upgrade my existing install with the latest etch stuff, so I don't have to customize all my settings again, like lirc, alsa, mplayer, fstab, etc.  But when I did this before I got a lot of broken dependencies.  I think it worked so smoothly with the basic version, because there where so few packages installed.