[mythtv-users] PVR500 and Dish

Doug Young goofdad at gmail.com
Thu Aug 30 23:21:53 UTC 2007

On 8/30/07, John Drescher <drescherjm at gmail.com> wrote:

> On 8/30/07, Conrad Montlouis <conrad.montlouis at gmail.com> wrote:
> > Thanks Doug.
> >
> > I have one of the Dish HD boxes (Vip622), so I took the coax cable
> (output
> > to TV2) to the "cable in" of my PVR500 but that does not seem to be
> working
> > for me.
> Did you set the channel on the PVR500 to channel 3?
>
> John

Agreed...set the PVR500 to channel 3, and you need to figure out -which-
tuner your cable is connected to.  Also, check J. Wilson's site (
http://wilsonet.com ).  In his ivtv section he has some useful debugging
techniques using the command line to make sure your tv tuner is working
-outside- myth, before getting into myth.  Even if you're not using Fedora,
these should be required reading ;-)
--
Doug