[mythtv-users] Question about the LiveTV buffer location

Brad DerManouelian myth at dermanouelian.com
Thu Aug 30 21:15:45 UTC 2007

On Aug 30, 2007, at 2:10 PM, Michael Sutherland wrote:

> Can you expand on that at all?  I am running the latest version of
> mythtv, 20.2.  But in the mythtv-setup menu I am only seeing
> "Directory to hold recordings", which is under the General menu.
> I am not seeing "storage groups" listed under any other of mythtv-
> setup menu's.
>
> The only place I see LiveTV specific options is in  Mythtv >
> Utilities/Setup > Setup > TV Settings > Recording Profiles > MPEG-2
> Encoders > Live TV.  But still no options for storage groups or
> locations.
>
> -Mike

Sorry, I guess I need to specify "recent". I meant from svn-trunk.
20.2 does not have the storage groups patch in it as far as I know.
Before storage groups, there was no way to differentiate between
where Live TV recordings and other recordings were kept. Your only
option is to upgrade to a version that includes storage groups.