[mythtv-users] Schedules Direct not downloading list of channels?

Michael T. Dean mtdean at thirdcontact.com
Thu Aug 30 15:02:02 UTC 2007

On 08/30/2007 08:52 AM, Steven Adeff wrote:
> On 8/29/07, Michael T. Dean <mtdean at thirdcontact.com> wrote:

>>> Ok, if it'll pull the channels in I'll give it a try. I'm running
>>> trunk so I'll update to give Daniel's fix a try.
>>>
>> Cool.  With the fix, try doing a normal setup with mythtv-setup.  If it
>> doesn't work the first time, you may want to use "Delete all video
>> sources" to clear out the existing (in case it got "corrupted" by the
>> pre-fix version of Myth).
> ok, I built with a fresh trunk download yesterday. I assigned the new
> lineup to the firewire boxes and fetched the lineups without issue. I
> then ran mythfilldatabase and it cleared the information from my
> datadirect lineups and grabbed the information for my schedulesdirect
> linup and everything looks like its working fine now. I then deleted
> the old datadirect sources.
>
> thanks for the help Michael!
As this message is so far buried in the thread :), it would probably be
useful for you to put a note on #3842 (
http://svn.mythtv.org/trac/ticket/3842 ) or, better, just start a thread
in -dev with "Channel validation results, post [14355]" (or something)
that Daniel will see.  The new thread has the benefit that Daniel
actually needs input from people using basically any card with any input
connections, so people could just respond to your thread and keep the
bug DB clean.

If you explain there that the thread is so others with different
card/input configurations can post their results, it may get more
feedback.  Then, just describe your card(s)/input configuration.  I'm
hoping to update my system today, after which I'll test a scan with my
system (I need to rescan, anyway).  So, if I don't see a thread you've
started before then, I'll start one.

Thanks,
Mike