[mythtv-users] Mythtv - Hauppauge PCI WinTV card - cx55_blackbird - no such device

David Watkins watkinshome at gmail.com
Thu Aug 30 08:29:59 UTC 2007

On 30/08/2007, richard <richard at sheugh.com> wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I am new to this list, have had my Wintv card working with
> linux-kernel-2.6.18, but both 2.6.21 and 2.6.22 refuse to
> allow the module cx88_blackbird to load giving the message
> "no such device"
>
> As far as I can tell, there is nothing similar in the archives.
>
> With kernel 2.6.22 Mythtv-setup will scan and lock to DVB
> channels but mythfrontend shows only analogue and seems
> unable to lock any DVB channels.
>
> Has anyone seen anything similar?

I doubt either of things will help, but you never know.

1)  You've typed cx55 in the subject of this post.  You not repeating
this mistake in your modprobe command are you?

2)  All the Hauppauge dvb cards I've had use the cx88_dvb module  (In
fact, on older kernels, I've had to take steps to prevent the
blackbird module loading).  Try modprobe cx88_dvb and see what
happens!