[mythtv-users] Improving Channel Switching Speed

Peter Schachte schachte at csse.unimelb.edu.au
Thu Aug 30 03:14:26 UTC 2007

Jeremy Gillick wrote:
>    HA HA.  I agree, but my wife likes to channel surf.

I wonder if Myth could assuage channel surfers' twitchy finger impulse by
providing keypresses that could be used while watching a recording to switch to
the next or previous recording in the current list without having to return to
the menu?  They could be bound to the channel up and channel down buttons on
the remote.  People who channel surf to quickly see what they could watch right
now might find this more comfortable and familiar than selecting from a menu,
and the display should change pretty much instantaneously.

--
Peter Schachte              It is impossible to express a really new
schachte at cs.mu.OZ.AU        principle in terms of a model following old laws.