[mythtv-users] DirecTV D10-300 Serial Interface

Brad DerManouelian myth at dermanouelian.com
Wed Aug 29 22:53:46 UTC 2007

On Aug 29, 2007, at 3:36 PM, Blaine Nelson wrote:

> Have you guys had the same experience with Directv?  $20 buckets
> just to change receivers?
>
> If I have to buy new receivers, which model would you recommend as
> the most forgiving?
>
> Again, thanks for all your ideas.

I started with 2 D11 boxes. They're relatively cheap, small and look
kinda nice. I got two serial cables and 2 serial to USB connectors.
Aside from the baud rate changing at some point at the beginning of
the year due to an update, I've never had an issue. I've missed maybe
2 channel changes in just over a year.