[mythtv-users] Changing recorded show catagories

Michael T. Dean mtdean at thirdcontact.com
Wed Aug 29 20:21:21 UTC 2007

On 08/29/2007 03:45 PM, Andrew Burgess wrote:
> How do I get all the cooking shows into the cooking catagory?
>
> Some of the cooking shows I record are put into the how-to catagory
> I think this info comes from the program listings. I know there are
> several genres per show and how-to is the highest revelence
> for these particular shows (from http://www.mythtv.org/wiki/index.php/Custom_Recording)
> Is there a way to override for certain shows?

It's up to your guide data, so short of editing the data before the
recording, not really.  (I.e. category isn't really user-editable data.)

You should probably create a "cooking" recording group (recording groups
are user-editable data) and set all your cooking rules to record to that
recording group.  You can also move all your existing cooking recordings
to the cooking recording group.

Mike